Athletes’ Performance Trainee Sam Bradford Chosen as # 1 Overall Pick in the NFL Draft
Article updated April 26, 2010
Athletes' Performance trainee Sam Bradford chosen as # 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, the fifth consecutive # 1 pick to train for Combine at Athletes' Performance. Bradford is one of eight Athletes' Performance trainees selected in the first round.
Athletes' Performance is honored to have trained the first overall NFL draft selection, Sam Bradford (QB, Oklahoma University), selected by the St. Louis Rams on Thursday, April 22. Bradford is the fifth consecutive #1 NFL pick to train for the NFL Combine at Athletes’ Performance, following Matthew Stafford (Detroit Lions, QB, 2009) Jake Long (Miami Dolphins, OT, 2008), JaMarcus Russell, (Oakland Raiders, QB, 2007) and Mario Williams, (Houston Texans, DE, 2006).
Bradford trained at the Athletes’ Performance facility in Pensacola, Florida, which is co-located with the world-renowned Andrews Institute. Of his experience at Athletes’ Performance, Bradford said: “My experience at API has been wonderful. I do not believe that there is another facility in the country that could have integrated my rehab and workout programs the way they have done here in Pensacola. I believe this is definitely one of the best training facilities in the country and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve themselves.”
Along with Bradford, 7 other athletes who trained at one of the four Athletes’ Performance facilities were selected in the first round of the NFL Draft. These players included:
3. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma University – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10. Tyson Alualu, DT, University of California – Jacksonville Jaguars
16. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech – Tennessee Titans
21. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma University – Cincinnati Bengals – 1st Tight End Selected
22. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech – Denver Broncos – 1st Wide Receiver Selected
23. Bryan Bulaga, OT, University of Iowa – Green Bay Packers
31. Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU – Indianapolis Colts
Over the past ten years, 61 football players that went through the Athletes’ Performance Combine - Pro Day Training system have been selected in the first round. In 2009, Athletes' Performance trained nine first-round picks in the 2009 NFL Draft, including four of the top ten selections.
Athletes’ Performance is honored to have trained 39 total selections for the 2010 NFL Draft. The 39 selections bring the total number of Athletes' Performance trainees to 296 since 2001, which include 61 first round picks.
Athletes' Performance congratulates all the athletes selected and wishes them the best as they begin the next stage of their careers.
2nd Round Selections
34. Chris Cook, S, Minnesota Vikings
37. Nate Allen, S, Philadelphia Eagles
40. Koa Misi, OLB, Miami Dolphins
52. Jason Worilds, OLB, Pittsburgh Steelers
53. Jermaine Cunningham, OLB, New England Patriots
57. Terrence Cody, DT, Baltimore Ravens
60. Golden Tate, WR, Seattle Seahawks
64. Charles Brown, OT, New Orleans Saints
3rd Round Selections
67. Myron Lewis, CB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
68. Jon Asamoah, OG, Kansas City Chiefs
73. John Jerry, OG, Miami Dolphins
86. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, DE, Philadelphia Eagles
87. Eric Decker, WR, Denver Broncos
88. Andre Roberts, WR, Arizona Cardinals
94. Kevin Thomas, CB, Indianapolis Colts
98. Mike Johnson, OG, Atlanta Falcons
4th Round Selections
100. Mike Williams, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
103. Alterraun Verner, CB, Tennessee Titans
5th Round Selections
136. Kendrick Lewis, S, Kansas City Chiefs
148. Robert Johnson, S, Tennessee Titans
153. Austin Lane, DE, Jacksonville Jaguars
157. Arthur Jones, DT, Baltimore Ravens
166. Sylvestor Stevenson, OLB, Pittsburgh Steelers
6th Round Selections
181. Dan LeFevour, QB, Chicago Bears
185. Anthony McCoy, TE, Seattle Seahawks
192. Dan Batten, DE, Buffalo Bills
7th Round Selections
214. Mike Schuler, TE, Minnesota Vikings
225. Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, Denver Broncos
226. George Selvie, DE, St. Louis Rams
236. Dexter Davis, LB, Seattle Seahawks
253. Erik Lorig, DE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Athletes' Performance would also like to thank our world-class partners whose products helped support these athletes throughout their training experience: adidas, EAS, Keiser, Power Plate, GoFit, Alter-G, BTE, Cybex, Fitness Anywhere, Game Ready, Octane Fitness, Optimal Nutrition, Thera-Band, Trigger Point Performance Therapy, Woodway, and VersaClimber.
About Athletes' Performance
Athletes' Performance has firmly established itself as the world leader in providing integrated performance training services to elite athletes. From the company’s four facilities for elite athletes (Phoenix, AZ; Gulf Breeze, FL at The Andrews Institute; Frisco, TX at Fieldhouse USA; Los Angeles, California at the Home Depot Center), AP has trained many of the Top Performers in Sport including MLB All-Stars (8 in 2009), NFL veterans (over 180 currently in the League), world-class teams, and major champions in golf, soccer, tennis, hockey, and basketball.
Athletes won 33 medals which would make EXOS eighth as a country in the total medal count.
EXOS performance specialist Benjamin Kugel used lessons from working with the German national team to help FC Köln excel.
Complimentary workouts and lunch-and-learn events are scheduled to celebrate the new Core Performance training space.